A Special Visitor!

Thursday, May 23, 2013 TJ & Vanessa 0 Comments

In April we had a special visitor! Austin, TJ's brother, came to visit us in the Big Apple. It was also his first trip to NYC, so the pressure was on to show him a good time!


Unfortunately, I had to fly to Utah for my Grandpa's funeral the day before Austin flew in from Arizona. TJ was also swamped with work at the last minute, so Austin had little warning that he would have to entertain himself during each day. Despite less than ideal circumstances, I know TJ really appreciated having his brother come out to visit, and I think Austin enjoyed his time here too.

I came back as soon as I could on Saturday morning (red eye flight from Utah) so that I could at least spend time with Austin for the weekend. Of course I had to drag the boys around the city (since I finally had a buddy to do things with!)

First stop: Saturday morning brunch at the corner diner.

Visited the Museum of Natural History

Checked out the dinosaur bones

Showed Austin a good time in Times Square...maybe too good as you can read his face of surprise after seeing the infamous Naked Cowboy.
While TJ was trapped at work, Austin and I walked along The High Line and saw some cool art...

...Wandered through Chinatown and stopped by the mini cakes cart once or twice. As first timers, we had no idea these things would taste like soft fortune cookies! Delicious. 
And when TJ still couldn't join us, Austin and I strolled through Little Italy to eat cannolis and authentic NYC pizza.
It was fun, and Austin was a natural as we drug him around the subways, and he even found his own way around town. Come again soon!


0 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment!