My General Conference Pick

Sunday, October 07, 2012 TJ & Vanessa 1 Comments

Check out an extended version of this cool graphic on the church website about Conference.

This weekend was General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was so lovely and refreshing to listen to the leaders of our worldwide church speak. They are so humble yet so awesome. Am I allowed to say that without sounding disrespectful?! I love having the chance to listen to them twice a year.

My General Conference pick this year was a talk given by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf titled "Of Regrets and Resolutions".

I love that he talked about how the gospel can affect our lives for good if only we will apply it. He said that sometimes in life individuals become so focused on the finish line, they fail to find joy in the journey. Anyone else guilty of this besides myself?! Sometimes I feel I focus more on the finish line of one day we'll have a nice house, a nice car, well-behaved kids, awesome vacations, etc. rather than realizing the good things I already do have in my life. I love that he said we determine our happiness and cannot take a single day for granted. If we can't find joy in the journey we risk our happiness and increase our chances of having regrets later on.

"No matter our circumstance, no matter our challenges or trials, there is something in each day to embrace and cherish. There is something in each day that can bring gratitude and joy if only we will see and appreciate it. Perhaps we should be looking less with our eyes and more with our hearts."

"It is my testimony that many of the deepest regrets of tomorrow can be prevented by following the Savior today," said President Uchtdorf. "The Savior can wipe away our tears of regret and remove the burden of our sins. His Atonement allows us to leave the past behind and move forward with clean hands, a pure heart and a determination to do better and become better."

What a lovely message. I hope that I can try to apply this in my life and look less with my eyes and more with my heart. I really do have so many blessings in my life and reasons to be happy.

1 comment:

  1. My pick would have to be Elder Eyring's talk from the Sunday morning session, "Where is the pavilion?" I loved the image, and the message was a tender reminder to look to Heavenly Father always. Ty loved Elder Scott's honeybee talk. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!