Christmas Break in Beautiful AZ

Saturday, January 07, 2012 TJ & Vanessa 0 Comments

This year we took off to Arizona for a week to go spend time with TJ's family for Christmas. It was the perfect time for a break from the everyday grind. I know TJ was happy to be done with finals and have no school for 2.5 weeks. I was just happy to know that I would get to stay up late having fun, and sleep in every morning. And let me tell you that is exactly what I did.
So proud of myself that I had all my shopping done and presents wrapped a whole week before Christmas - a major first for me!

We had a lovely trip and got lots of awesome gifts from Santa on Christmas morning. We are so lucky to both have such wonderful families. They really do spoil us sometimes.
Whoa! Lots of presents under the tree.

I really wanted to be good at taking more pictures of our little vacation, but of course the first time I turned on my camera in AZ it died. AND.....OF COURSE I had forgotten to bring my charger along. So the only photos I have are the ones I took on my phone which for some reason turned out kinda blurry.
What a pretty mantle right?! My mother-in-law decorated everything.

Ready to go open presents Christmas morning!



Standing by the tree in sunny AZ.

TJ was so interested to see what little surprises I had wrapped up for him.

His brother gave him this. A picture of himself holding a picture of himself :)

I think Austin was the most excited to open a huge box of socks. His dream is to be rich enough one day to never have to wear a pair of socks twice.

All in all, we had a great time which consisted of hanging out with the family, seeing some old friends, watching movies, eating out, eating some more, going to see the temple lights in Mesa, and just spending relaxing time together.


And of course eating lots of treats. Some of which included my sloppy little Santa hat brownies, but delicious none-the-less.
 MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Let's please do it again!

0 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment!