Somewhat Sad Post...

Thursday, February 04, 2010 TJ & Vanessa 0 Comments

So this past week has been kinda weird for me. It all started when I helped two sisters who came into the Flower Patch, who wanted to order flowers for their brother's funeral. He was only 22 and got in a motorcycle accident from not wearing a helmet. I made the casket piece and some other huge pieces. I think that it turned out really pretty but it was so sad to know who I was making them for.

Then only a couple days later I hear from my mom that 2 missionaries in my brother's mission (Romania) died from a natural gas leak. Can you say SCARY!!!!




That really hit home because the first thing that went through my mind was, "Oh my gosh! That could have been Tyson." His mission president's wife keeps a blog for the mission, which I think is so adorable. Anyway, when I read the post that she made, I just cried and cried. I kinda surprised myself because I don't even know who these two missionaries were. I guess it was just such sad news to me that 2 young and faithful missionaries died from such a horrible accident. I also think it really affected me because I cannot imagine the pain and sadness that those families must feel right now. I don't know how I would function if my brother wasn't coming home eventually. My heart sincerely aches for those families. I will be praying for them at this time, and for all of the other missionaries who I am sure are struggling a little if they knew these two Elders.

Then to make things worse I got an email informing me that one of my cutest classmates ever had just lost her mother on January 30th. Around Christmas time, her family had found out that her mom had an advanced stage of pancreatic cancer. What a short time that they had with her on this earth. So you probably guessed it (if you know that I can be an emotional person) I cried when I read that email too. I feel so sad for her and her family. I don't know how I could ever handle a situation like that. I think that I would just literally fall apart.

TJ told me that I am just really sad because I have never had death so close to people that I really know well, which is true. I have been lucky enough to not have to witness close friends or families deaths yet.

I am just so grateful for my mother and all that she does for me. She is an amazing woman and the best example to me. I love her and would just totally crash and fall apart if I didn't have her in my life. I love my brother Tyson so much and I am so proud that he is serving a mission. I am convinced that he is in one of the hardest missions in the world so I am so proud of him and love him.

Sorry for the sad post, but I have just been feeling sad lately about all of this news. At least I have a knowledge of the Plan of Salvation and I know that these people are all being taken care of.

0 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment!