Winter Storm: Nemo

Sunday, February 10, 2013 TJ & Vanessa 0 Comments

Came across image in this New York Post article.

Am I the only one who had no idea we name winter storms? Apparently names are not just reserved for hurricanes anymore. This weekend we got to experience our first heavier snow fall in NYC: Nemo. I came across this image and just about died of laughter. I mean let's be honest. When you hear "Nemo" who else do you think of? It's been so funny to hear meterologists talking about Nemo coming and going, especially when this is all I can picture in my head.....
1. Rain boots are the new snow boots 2. Our bus stop plastered with snow 3. Street shot the morning after Nemo 4. Walking through the piled up snow on my way to a post-Nemo brunch with the girls! 

Once again, we got pretty lucky in our neck of the woods in Manhattan. It snowed, but nothing too crazy. I think the trickiest part about the snow storm is the after math of the sidewalks and streets turning into a snowy, slushy, dis-colored, wet mess. One thing I've learned, is that here rain boots are "the boots" to keep your feet dry for trekking through the piles snowplows leave behind.

No eating this snow, that's for sure. What I stepped through to get on the bus.

I guess it's a good thing it didn't snow more, because I'm not sure where else they would have room to push the snow! And yes, for the record kids do go sledding in the city. Pretty sure every kiddo in Manhattan was out on Saturday with sleds in hand, off to Central Park.

Another shot taken on our street the morning after. Not too bad.

0 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment!