Love Day

Monday, February 18, 2013 TJ & Vanessa 0 Comments

This Valentine's Day was a pretty good one. TJ and I aren't always known as the best gift-givers, however this year we both had a couple tricks up our sleeve. When all was said and done, we surprised each other with thoughtful gifts.  Not that we aren't normally thoughtful people, but more that we typically aren't huge on the gift-giving for Valentine's Day thing.


This year, in addition to the usual and loved flowers and chocolates, TJ also got me an iPod shuffle, the perfect gift for me, so that I can stop stealing his iPod when I work out. I surprised him with a 49ers jersey, which I don't think he expected to get after he expressed wanting one during the Super Bowl a couple weeks ago. (At the time I had told him that sounded dumb to want a jersey. Then I realized it was the perfect gift since he wouldn't be expecting it. haha. Us girls...)

How we wish we were celebrating V-Day - in Cancun like we did on our honeymoon.

Another major difference this year from like the past 5-6 Valentine's seasons, is that this was the first one I've not been working in the floral industry. I missed it a little bit, but not enough to trade in my calm normal weeks leading up to it, or a nice evening spent with hubby. In all, our love was rekindled and it turns out a cheesy holiday is sometimes just right for reminding us how crazy we are for each other. Happy Love Day!


0 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment!