All About Shawn

Monday, July 02, 2012 TJ & Vanessa 0 Comments

Watch out world, because here comes Shawn James! The newest high school graduate on the block!

As the oldest sibling in my family, it's always crazy when I have a younger sibling reach any milestone because each time I ask myself, "Wait a minute, are they old enough for that?!" I think part of it is that in my mind they will always be my younger brother or sister. Time to face the fact that Shawn has now climbed the ranks and is a high school graduate. Congrats!

I seriously LOVE Shawn. To some he may seem quiet and shy, but he is always aware of those around him and has such a soft heart. I remember a time a couple years ago when I was sad, and there Shawn was sad with me. When I asked why he was sad he said, "Because you're sad." What a sweetheart.



Shawn and I are alike in several ways. We both love to sleep in whenever we can. We have similar skin, so usually as Marissa and Tyson are comparing how tan they are in the summer, Shawn and I are counting our new freckles and laughing at who is more fair-skinned. We also tend to be a little more cautious of trying new things, which probably explains why Shawn and I are the only kids in the family who never had broken bones, stitches or a cast.



Simply put, I am so proud of Shawn. I am so excited for him to go off to college at Utah State and hope he has a wonderful time. I can't wait to see what's around the corner for this awesome brother of mine.

0 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment!