Visiting Home is the Greatest

Friday, June 18, 2010 TJ & Vanessa 0 Comments



So at the end of May, we got to fly out to New Jersey to go visit my family for 10 days. It was so awesome and a much needed vacation. We had so much fun with my family! We slept in almost every day which was amazing. The town my family lives in is just beautiful, with trees everywhere.




We also went into New York City of course which is always fun but tiring. The day we went in was super hot and humid, but we had a blast and relived last summer when TJ proposed to me in Central Park and we went and celebrated in Times Square by getting a Jamba Juice and soaking it all in.












We also did some random things like driving over an hour to get to the hugest flea market I have even seen! It covered acres, and literally took us hours to wander around.







Other things we did: hang out with Shawn and Marissa, swimming, watching movies, working out, slip-n-slide, lunches with my mom when the kids were in school, shopping, wandering around small towns and their funny little shops, dinner parties with friends, beading (I made several bracelets which was a blast for me, but boring for TJ), reading books, and good chats with my dad. Overall we had such a great time and especially loved all of the food that my mom cooked for us.

I just wish that we had been better at taking more pictures. Oh well, maybe we will take more next time! And I almost forgot to mention, that when we got back to Utah and got back in our car to drive to Provo, I starting crying and continued to cry almost the whole 45 minutes back. I have never been so sad to leave home before and I really miss being close to my family. It is sometimes hard being so far away and realizing that I only get to see them once or twice a year. :( Thanks mom and dad for flying us home! I'm ready to come back again!

0 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment!