All About Marissa

Monday, June 18, 2012 TJ & Vanessa 0 Comments

This post is all about Marissa. She is the best sister ever.

Even though we are 10 years apart in age, it's amazing how well we have always gotten along and how much we love each other. We are so alike in many, many ways. We both love all things girly (shoes, clothes, nail polish...) dancing, watching movies, hanging out with friends and the list could go on and on. I don't think we've ever had someone meet both of us for the first time, and not be able to tell that we are sisters.

So while in our transition phase of moving to NYC, I have gotten to see a lot more of this girl during our stay in NJ. We came just in time for her dance recital, to sub for my parents since they were in Scotland, as she performed two hip-hop numbers and a jazz routine. Of course I thought she was the best dancer on stage. Going to the recital also took me on a trip down memory lane as I watched and thought all about my dancing days. It made me miss dancing big time, but it was exciting to see how much Marissa has grown just this past year and what a lovely dancer she is becoming.

Shawn and TJ were supportive brothers and went to watch her perform as well.


The following week was Marissa's 8th grade graduation ceremony. 



We stood in the back row of the bleachers where just Marissa and all of the graduates facing the audience could see us standing, doing the wave to cheer Marissa on. Afterwards she told us she was so embarrassed because everyone in her grade saw us (the only family standing and waving around like crazy people), but I think she secretly liked it!


During the entire graduation and as I took pictures of her and her friends, I kept thinking to myself, "Is she seriously going to be in high school next year?!"
Congratulations Marissa! Love you lots!

0 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment!