My Attempt to Go Back in Time

Wednesday, December 30, 2009 TJ & Vanessa 0 Comments

So it's hard to know where to start with a brand new blog. Today I'm in the mood to begin to recap our lives since TJ came home from his mission in June. So here I go! I fell in love with TJ years ago. We started dating our junior year of high school and each new year has just brought better memories. This year was obviously the best since I finally got to marry the man of my dreams.

TJ came home in June and I was ready, but a little nervous, at the airport with his family and close friends to greet him back home after 2 (LONG) years! The first moment that I saw him and looked him in the eyes, I knew that he was the reason that I waited. I was no longer nervous and instantly knew that I would to marry him one day!


The best part about our story is that 3 weeks later TJ proposed. I thought he was just coming out for a trip to New Jersey to visit my family, but he had another idea in mind. It turned out to be one of the best ideas that he has ever had! I had no idea that it was coming. We spent the whole day in New York City.




That night we spilt apart from my family and TJ took me out to eat at the cutest little place. We then walked to Central Park (the whole time I was dying to know where we were going!). Next thing I knew, I was on a horse and carriage ride in the middle of Central Park! After just a minute, I said, "This is so romantic TJ, now I just need to get you to marry me!" He laughed but didn't say anything. After a few more minutes, TJ suddenly started getting down on his knee in the middle of the carriage. I had no idea what he was doing. After saying some of the sweetest things ever, to make the most romantic proposal ever, I said yes.



The whole thing made me feel like I was in a movie. It was so romantic and perfect!

0 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment!